Why I bought a CD-R King foldable bluetooth keyboard?
Bringing around a 15″ Laptop is heavy, inconvenient and makes me paranoid if someone’s trying to steal it when I lay it on the chair or on the table.
Few years ago, I even accidentally left my Laptop in one of the restaurants in Tagaytay and only realized it a few minutes later after I left the place. Luckily, a kind family gave it to the restaurant’s manager and I was able to retrieve it when I came back looking for it.
I have considered buying an affordable ultrabook but being frugal, I always think first of what I already have before I consider buying new things.
I still have an existing Ipad third generation around and have always wished I had a flat keyboard so I can use it better for blogging than the built in touchpad keyboard.
So why not get a Bluetooth keyboard for the iPad?
I checked Apple’s website for a portable keyboard for the iPad Pro and it costs between 7,990.00 – 8,990.00. Wow! it’s almost like buying a new smartphone or an iPad Mini.
I looked for good alternatives online for the best portable keyboard with prices ranging between 500 PHP to 3,000 PHP.
Most of them are flat keyboards with foldable cases where you can just insert your tablet.
I wanted to buy a keyboard for tablet that is
- Light yet Durable
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to type with good key sizes and spacing in between
- Responds well as you type
- Works with my old iPad 3
And I want to personally test the iPad keyboard before I buy it.
Most of the stores carry the white colored universal Bluetooth keyboard for iPad.
Miniso sells bluetooth keyboards for 499 PHP while Mumuso sells the same portable keyboard for 599 PHP
Looking around for more options, I checked out CD-R King, and they have a new foldable Bluetooth keyboard that’s light and compact.
I was impressed that it was foldable, which I haven’t seen anywhere else. I was sold when the lady showed me that it’s foldable making it convenient to carry around, I made an impulse purchase.
I do hope it lasts long enough for the value.
In this CDR King Review, I’ll share what I like and do not like about the CD-R King foldable Bluetooth keyboard
- The keyboard is really thin and compact. When folded, it’s just about the size of your hand.
This is the size compared to an iPhone 5
- The size of the keys and spacing is just about right. It feels like using a regular sized keyboard of a laptop.
- It comes with a multipurpose case that is a container for the keyboard when not in use; a keyboard stand to slightly raise the keyboard and a slot to insert your smartphone! I have also tried inserting the 9″ iPad in the case and it holds the tablet really well.
You can also insert the smartphone’s charging cable and connect it to your battery.
- There is no delay while typing. Works well with the apps I have tried like WordPress, Google Chrome, Instagram, Safari and Twitter.
In summary here are the good points about the product so far: I am writing the summary using the keyboard
- Foldable and lightweight
- Easy to pair with the devices
- Comfortable typing
- Decent typing response
- Rechargeable through USB (I think it can even work with a desktop, have yet to try)
- Comes with a multipurpose mobile holder case
- what to do when the battery malfunctions?
- Price is above 1,000 PHP. 1,500 PHP to be exact with only 7 days replacement warranty.
- Slight delay is noticeable but still tolerable while typing lengthy articles. Will have to test further if it is due to the keyboard battery or tablet battery at low. The tablet is at 37% as of writing. (Before buying, I test typed in Google chrome and it worked great.)
- Slight learning curve with some of the key placements. For example, When I need to press a question mark, The key is located at the edge of the keyboard, beyond the arrow keys.
Who is this computer keyboard for?
This portable keyboard is for you if you really want a portable alternative to your laptop. However I think that the keyboard may just be good for mild browsing, emails, social media updates to short blogging. Great for those who travel and just want to keep in touch with friends and family. For serious paperwork, a laptop is still better.
My previous CD-R King experience: I bought an optical mouse from CD-R King which lasted seven years before I needed to replace it. Lasted longer than my A4 Tech padless mouse. Hoping that this portable foldable keyboard is of good value.
You can visit any of the CD-R King branches to test the bluetooth keyboard for iPad. I got mine from Robinson’s Magnolia.
Another alternative but more expensive would be this Backlit Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard by 1byone!
Perfect. Full size keyboard. Has little tabs that keep it from rocking sideways on table. Backlight is perfect. Having the function keys is a big bonus. All extra key functions work
CD R King reviews from YouTube
CD-R King Action Camera Review
NoypiGeeks reviews the CD-R King Action Camcorder. It’s an affordable waterproof camera with 5MP CMOS sensor, wide-angle lens, capable of 1080p video recording, and has a built-in LCD display.
CD-R King Bluetooth Monopod Quick review
CD-R King USB Gaming Mouse Review
CD R King issues from netizens
— GadgetAddict (@ytgadgetaddict) July 28, 2016
— GadgetAddict (@ytgadgetaddict) January 20, 2017
How was your experience with CD-R King products? Share in the comments below.